Lippman Jungers is a preeminent legal recruiting firm in the Asia-Pacific legal placement market. When the most highly respected and prominent international firms need assistance in finding top partners for their firms in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, South Korea, Tokyo and other parts of the Asia-Pacific, they turn to Lippman Jungers. Sabina Lippman, who has worked in the market since 2007, together with Jeffrey Conta, who has devoted his practice to the region since 2012, have successfully worked with firms and candidates to facilitate some of the most recognized office openings, group and candidate placements.
We work closely with law firm leaders and office heads to assess the needs of the client and match them with top candidates. We have assisted firms including: Sidley Austin; McDermott Will & Emery; Morrison Foerster; Cooley; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; Latham & Watkins; Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom;Ropes & Gray; Dechert; Mayer Brown; Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton; Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe; Covington & Burling; Hogan Lovells; Loeb & Loeb; Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner; K&L Gates; Dorsey & Whitney; Squire Patton Boggs; and Winston & Strawn.
Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
"I am honored and lucky to have worked with Jeffrey Conta who is an outstanding legal recruiter, professional, patient and incredibly responsible. Jeffrey has a profound and remarkable understanding of the trends, pressures, and issues that are driving the significant changes in the current Chinese legal market, he spent significant time necessary to get to know me and to understand my personal priorities and then translated that knowledge into finding a great fit for me. Jeffrey provided me with thoughtful and helpful advice. He recognized the importance of the process and invested many hours working with me. Through his efforts I was able find a great fit with a strong and compatible law firm. "
Some of the prominent office openings and placements made by our recruiters include:
- Paul Kim joins Sheppard Mullin from MWE in Seoul. Paul advises clients on M&A, PE, venture capital, restructuring, multi-jurisdictional disputes and general corporate matters. He has more than 20 years of experience representing a diverse range of clients operating in numerous industries and in many countries. His Clients include industrial and manufacturing companies, commercial and investment banks and other financial institutions, and private equity funds and investment managers. Paul has particularly broad experience representing Asian, European and U.S. clients in complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, restructurings and other matters.
- Manoj Bhargava, a capital markets partner, together with counsel Ankit Kashyap and two associates, joins Sidley Austin in Singapore from Jones Day.
- Michelle Ya-Ying Gon, a compliance and regulatory partner, to McDermott, Will & Emery in Shanghai, from Baker & McKenzie.
- Opening of Sheppard Mullin's Beijing office, headed up by Jim Zimmerman, from Squire Sanders (now Squire Patton Boggs).
- Opening of Winston & Strawn's Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai offices with a group joining from Heller Ehrman, including with David Hall-Jones, Simon Luk and Michael Phillips.
- Johneth Park, a capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions partner, to Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton's Seoul office from Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett.
- Andy Dale, an anti-corruption, internal investigations and complex litigation partner, to Ropes & Gray's Hong Kong office from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
- Li Hua, a competition and antitrust partner, to Squire Patton Boggs' Beijing office from Gide Loyrette Nouel.
- Brad Roach, an energy and projects partner, to Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Singapore office from Hogan Lovells.
- Victoria Lloyd, a capital markets partner, to Ropes & Gray's Hong Kong office from Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
- Scott Palmer, an IP partner, to Sheppard Mullin's Beijing office, from Baker McKenzie.
- Don Williams, a private equity, venture capital, securities and M& A partner, to Sheppard Mullin's Shanghai office, from Wilson Sonsini.
- Harris Gao, who focuses on intellectual property and litigation, to Sheppard Mullin's Shanghai office from Morrison & Foerster.
- Henry Wang, a domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and joint ventures partner, to Mayer Brown's Beijing office, from Dechert.
- Simon Cheong, a cross-border M& A and financing partner, to Sheppard Mullin's Beijing office from Zhong Lun Law Firm.
- Tony Jacobsen, a capital markets partner, to Sidley Austin's Shanghai office from Baker & McKenzie.
- Roger Peng, a M& A, private equity, venture capital and commercial transactions partner, to Paul Hastings' Beijing office from Hogan & Hartson (now Hogan Lovells).
- Adrian Yip, a complex litigation partner, to Winston & Strawn's Hong Kong office from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
- Todd Bissett, a private equity, venture capital and M& A partner, to Sheppard Mullin's Shanghai office from O'Melveny & Myers.
- Joseph Chan, a cross-border corporate partner, to Sidley Austin's Shanghai office from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Darren Fitzgerald, a disputes partner, to Salans LLP (now Dentons) from Bird & Bird.